The Burlington House Commodes
A pair of George III ormolu-mounted satinwood and marquetry demi-lune commodes, attributed to John Mayhew and William Ince, circa 1780-85, with provenance from Burlington House, Piccadilly
58in. (147cm) wide; 33¼in. (84cm) high; 24½in. (62cm) deep
Recently identified by Joseph Friedman and placed on loan at the Royal Academy on behalf of a private client in the UK.
Full details (PDF 252 KB)